Advise please

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

I finished vaginal cancer treatment in December and got the all clear 

lately I noticed 2 warts that have appeared on my legs I did the usual and went to google lens which came back as skin cancer 

then went further onto google which said people with vaginal cancer have high risk of developing other skin cancers 

anyone else had any scares like this, I’m terrified and don’t know what to do about it 

am I being paranoid?

• Hi debz64

I am sorry to hear of your previous vaginal cancer.

After any cancer I think it is normal to panic when you get any new symptoms and fear the worst. 

The best thing to do would be to contact your CNS or your GP and get them checked out. Only they will be able to tell you whether they are simple warts or if they need to be checked more thoroughly.

For my check ups for endometrial cancer, I am always told, anything that crops up, however small, just to give them a call and get some reassurance. If then there is something that crops up, it can be dealt with at an early stage.

I would recommend staying away from google. its just plain scary at times and not particularly accurate. It also knows nothing about you personally or your medical history. Please don't sit and worry- get them checked.

if you want to talk it through first, then give the Support Line a call. The details are below. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm