VAGINAL CANCER STAG3 3

• 3 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Good morning ladies.  I had the PET scan on yesterday.  Doctor called and said that the cancer is not outside pelvic area.  This was good.  They could not see the little bit of cervix that is still left from leep/cone procedure.  Pet scan Vaginal cuff mass with associated left inguinal, external iliac and obturator metastatic lymphadenopathy.  I had laser ablation which doctor could see it is up at the little bit of cervix too.  They will call it vaginal cancer though even though it probably started in the cervix.  There are no test that confirm cervix.  Stage 3 because it is in the lymph nodes.  I see radiation/oncology team on Monday.  Should be daily radiation with chemo one per week.  Doctor said this will hit the cervix too tough. 

• Hi  and thanks for your update.

It’s definitely good news that the cancer is contained within the pelvis, and your treatment sounds like a pretty standard one for cancer in this area when surgery is not possible. 

The main treatment is the radiation, so it can be tiring going daily for this. Lots of us in this group and the cervical cancer group have been through chemoradiation, so please reach out if you have any questions. You will be advised when you see your team about the potential side effects of the treatment, but these are different for everyone and some ladies find it easier than others. We are all unique, but all I would advise is to tell your team once you are in treatment if you feel you are having any of the typical side effects with bladder or bowels- which can be common. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Sarah!  I was wondering, if chemo is done through a port line or just through an IV.?

• Normally it’s done through an IV here in the UK for the once weekly chemo but may be different for you, as ports might be more commonly used in the states. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm