Newly diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello

I was recently diagnosed with VC and have started chemo, however, the plan is to also have radiotherapy. I have serious concerns about the side effects and just wondered if anybody has had RT and has it impacted you both in the short and long term.

Many thanks

• Hi

I haven't had RT so can't help with any experiences but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

If you type 'radiotherapy' into the search bar at the top of the screen you'll find quite a few previous posts on the topic which you could have a look through. I'm going to 'tag' into this reply as she posted fairly recently about having RT. Hopefully, she's still a member of the community and will be able to pop on to tell you about her experiences.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hello Scotland1, I had vaginal cancer 2 years ago. I did not have chemo. I had surgery first Oct 2018. Then started radiotherapy Dec _ Jan. To be honest it was fine. I was prescribed anti nausea tablets which worked perfectly. I got tired towards the end of the treatments but it was manageable. I also had 2 brachytherapy sessions. If you want to know any more please ask. I had adenocarcinoma Stage 2. It had not spread to lymph nodes. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LouiseM0

Hi LouieMO

Sorry about the late reply but i have been having chemo and not felt like doing much, I am due to start a new chemo regime and radiotherapy at the same time so feeling very overwhelmed at the moment, I am stage 3 ACarcinoma as there has been some lymph node involvement, I am feeling very low at the moment and just wondered what was the bracytherapy like? i may or may not need this. Hopeing you are well x

• Hello I’m sure you are feeling between the devil and the deep blue sea at the moment. Take baby steps, try not to think too much about your forthcoming treatment it’s different for everyone Heart️.  I was diagnosed with Stage 2B vaginal cancer in December 2012. I felt my world had come to an end.  But it’s December 2020 and with Gods grace I’m still here.  I had 35 radiotherapy, 2 brachytherapy, 6 Cistplatin chemo and half my vagina removed! 
    the brachytherapy itself was a strange experience but I didn’t feel any pain whilst my procedures were being carried out.  It was about a week later I had discomfort and pain. This was remedied with pain medication, some instalagel and the gritting of teeth lol.  You can PM me and I can answer your questions without causing you unnecessary worry and concern.   You’ve come a long way and I sense your a strong woman.   Remember take baby steps, rest lots, eat as best you can healthier and I’m hear to listen if you need to vent.  Sending hugs god bless Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Zebu dee

Hi Carol

Many thanks for your input. Sorry to sound daft but how do I PM you?  

X