Symptoms of vaginal cancer

• 6 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Can anyone tell me the symptoms of vaginal cancer.  I had a UTI and being examined for that has revealed a small amount of blood in my  vagina. I am  long past menopause.  I have been referred for further tests.  I am feeling very anxious, not helped by the gloomy attitude of the young locum GP I saw, who basically  declined to discuss possible symptoms  or causes or indeed talk at all except  to say she could see it would be worrying but I just had to wait for the tests.  She did not even describe them. She has managed to make me think it is a foregone conclusion I have cancer.

• Hello, I have recently had vaginal cancer. I had a lot of bleeding which sounds a bit different to yourself. I had MRI followed by CTscan. Then a scan with contrast. I had surgery in October 2018. I shouldn't dwell on it too much, try and divert your attention to activities you enjoy.

Hope your tests go well.

Brenda

• Hi nightingale19,

I had vaginal cancer (stage1) in 2014. I kept having VAIN3(pre cancer cells) for a few years before turning cancer. My symptom was smelly watering discharge, A LOT. I had a little bleeding too, but just a little, no pain or anything besides discharge. Every one could have a little different symptoms.

Best wishesBouquet

Kuma

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kuma

Hi Kuma

I hope you had a great Christmas! 

What treatment you received for  your stage 1 vaginal cancer? how are you feeling after your treatment? 

I have recently been told that I have vaginal cancer but don't know the stage etc yet. I have no symptoms and the area is very small so I'm hoping it is also stage 1 but I'm getting so stressed and have convinced myself it has spread to my bones. I'm driving myself crazy.

• Hi EveRay,

I hope you had a happy new year Sparkles

I am sorry that you are going through this too. You have no symptoms which is nice, hope you will find out about stage soon. I was also very scared if cancer was spread to somewhere else and I understand how you feel, but try not think too much, being stressed is not good.

I had radiation, chemo and branch therapy. 5 days a week x 4 weeks, three times chemo(I missed once because my ears were ringing so bad) and 4 times of branch.

Actually I did not have much side effect which was nice. All I had was some loose stool and tiredness from radiation and ringing ears and bitter taste in my mouth from chemo. That is all I can think of now. So not too bad.

I hope your treatment will be going well. And if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I know there is not enough informations for vaginal cancer.

Best wishes,

Kuma

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kuma

Hi Kuma

Thanks so much for your reply and so sorry for the delay in replying. Been extremely stressed in and out of tests/appointments!! about to start my treatment next week!

Couple of questions - did your treatment send you in an early menopause? and how is the sex life affected after the treatment - is it bearable? 

• Hi EveRay,

I think it depends on how large the tumor is and where it is...mine was quite large and at the bottom part of my vagina, I had 4 weeks of Chemrad, only managed 4 of the chemo because like Kuma  my hearing was affected.  I alsohad 4 high doses of brachy.

The treatment and late onset side effects haven't been great, I managed sex a few times back March / April last year but now I'm lucky if I can fit the small dilator in, but as I said there are a lot of factors, I was unlucky where mine was.

x Shelley