Tnbc invasive ducal

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi I’m new here . Referred mid August as an urgent cancer referral from gp . Wasn’t seen till 30th September but got the breast cancer diagnosis on that day . Ct scan done on 1st October . And then seen the breast surgeon again on the 10th October and was told it’s tnbc invasive ductal . It’s spread to the lymph nodes but nowhere else . Have first chemo appointment Thursday coming but don’t know what kind or anything like that yet 

• Hi Jill27

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer just over four years ago, it was also in the lymph nodes but nowhere else.  I had chemo, surgery and radiotherapy and made a full recovery.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Jill. I have also been diagnosed with tnbc in September, but it took me longer to have scans done and after seeing oncologist on 1st Oct, I’m only starting chemo on the 25th. I’m due to have Paclitaxel every week for 12 weeks and Carboplatin every 3 weeks. Then I’ll have another 12 weeks of EC every 3 weeks. I’m getting really nervous now, but speaking to people here has helped as so many have been through this and have come out the other side. Wishing you all the best for your first treatment. X

• Hi Daisy 

that’s really good to hear . I’m still a bit in shock I think it just wasn’t the news I was expecting but I’m staying positive and intend to fight this 

• Hi Jess 

im meeting with the oncology team on Thursday so as yet don’t know the type of chemo or any other details . Reading other people’s stories is encouraging . Good luck to you on this journey x