Hi

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi everyone.

I was diagnosed with de novo secondary TNBC in September 2022 but only found this forum recently. Treatment wise I had six months of Nab-Paclitaxel combined with Pembrolizumab. Good response so continued with the Pembro until I had an immune reaction (colitis) so unfortunately had to stop in October 2023. Not sure what comes next.

• I have just responded on another thread. In a similar situation (stopping pembro / NAB-Paclitaxel in September 23), the immediate priority became high dose steroids and stopping my kidneys from failing. I was scanned in October and then in January. Significant result in October and stable in January. I only had 2 mets, both in liver, these were ablated. My primary had been removed the previous year when it was thought I just had early stage TNBC. The liver problem was an accidental find a few months later and I suspect I was metastatic de novo, just didn’t realise it.

I had been told the next treatment would be Trodelvy, but that’s on hold as I am currently in remission. 

• That's great news re remission. My mets are also in my liver and have responded well but I wasn't offered ablation on the residual so think this is something I will take up with my oncologist. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have just had a scan so hope results will continue to be positive otherwise it may well be Trodelvy for me too. Will keep you posted as it sounds like our journey is quite similar.