Vitamins to be or not to be

• 4 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Good afternoon ok I had triple x breast cancer a year ago, I finished chemo in October & radiotherapy in November. I’m due to have my first Zoledronic acid on the 15th March.
My results of my mammogram which I received on Friday 8th March were clear so excellent news for me.My partner has bought the following Sea Moss & Glucosamine Sulphate does anyone know if it’s ok toBlushake these vitamins- would appreciate any advice please Blush

• Hi  

That's great to read that everything is clear after your first mammogram. I too have zoledronic acid after finishing my treatment for TNBC.

I don't know if it's okay or not to take these vitamins but you shouldn't take any supplements whilst on treatment without first checking with your oncologist. Some vitamins can make treatment less effective or can have an adverse effect. You could give your BCNS a call on Monday morning and she should be able to find out for you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for that , I’m cross with myself as I made a note of the vitamins in my book which I take if I’ve written any questions down & forgot to ask before I left Rolling eyes 

did the Zoledronic acid make you sick, tired etc? 

• Hi  

No the zoledronic acid had no effect on me at all Slight smile Hopefully, you'll be the same.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"