Just joined

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hello. I have just joined this group and look forward to learning as much as possible.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 9th January and biopsy confirmed triple negative the following week.

Initially I was told I would have chemo and immunotherapy, surgery, radiotherapy, but treatment plan has now changed. As I have lung disease this leaves me vulnerable to infection. The 5 x chemo drugs and immunotherapy would also make me vulnerable to infection and the oncologist said any infection would likely turn into pneumonia so I could only have 3 x chemo drugs and no immunotherapy. Oncologist recommended surgery first to avoid any delay which would be caused if I had an infection.

Surgeon agreed and surgery is booked for 20th February. Possibly no chemo, maybe radiotherapy.

CT scan is booked for 10th February, fingers crossed there is no spread.

Lump has grown from 2cm originally to 3cm 4 weeeks later. Single mastectomy is planned.

• Hi PoppysMom

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  Hopefully the CT scan will show no spread.

Wishing you the best of luck with your scan and with your surgery.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Wishing you all the best and sorry to hear your other health issues are limiting treatment choices for you.