Triple negative stage 4 diagnosed may 2020

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with tnbc in 2020, it's my second diagnosis I had breast cancer in 2010 which was  hormone positive and hers2 positive so was shocked when this cancer is different. I have a large tumour in my breast which is inoperable and it has metastasis to both my lungs. I've been haveing different chemotherapies for the past 2 and a half year, paclitaxel, capcitabine, eribulin and at present I'm having gemcitabine/carboplatin this one has worked the best so far to shrink all tumours but I've just had my latest scan and waiting on results which you will all know the wait is horrific and the total dread of bad news, I was wondering how long you all wait for scan results it's only been 13 days and I know its not that long but due to hospitals been short staffs and the strikes that were happening have results been taking longer??? 

• Hi Angelalegg

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with triple negative stage 4.  While I don't know that results are taking longer because of staff shortages and the nurses strikes as I live in a the Republic of Ireland  but I thought I'd reply to you and welcome you to the forum anyway.  I suggest that you also join the breast cancer forum as it's a much busier forum than this one.  Here's the link to it:  Breast cancer forum .

Wishing you the best of luck with your results when you get them.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou for the welcome and ill take a look at the breast cancer forum.