Triple Negative Breast Cancer

• 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I am in my 80's so possibly much older than most of you?  I found a lump in January, had a mastectomy in April and radiotherapy in May and June.  Out of 4 lymph nodes removed, 3 were cancer connected hence the radiotherapy.  I was advised that chemotherapy was not recommended for me because the side effects would be too unpleasant for me at my age.  I am fit and well. I walk a lot and the radiographers reckoned that has been a huge help in my recovery, with no fatigue or anything like that.  I actually walked the 15 minute journey home from hospital the day after my operation!

You all sound very brave and positive and I am sure that is the best way to tackle this.

• Hi

I was diagnosed with TNBC at the beginning of April after I was recalled from a routine mammogram. I've since had a lumpectomy and tomorrow will be having the last of 3 cycles of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide (EC) before I have 12 weeks of paclitaxel. The plan is for me to then have radiotherapy. 

I count myself lucky that the lump was picked up from a mammogram, as it couldn't be felt. I don't consider myself brave, it's just something that I have to deal with.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook, thank you for replying to me.  You have a lot to get through and I send best wishes for a good outcome .

• Hi Louka

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.   Well done you for walking home the day after your operation even if it was only a 15 minute walk.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy53 - thank you for the welcome.  It would be good if there were zoom meetings where those of us with this particular type of cancer could share information, experience etc.  I was given a website for this but it is in the States and treatment and medication seems to be different over there.  I have a number of friends here who have had breast cancer and recovered well but none have had the triple negative type.

However, I am feeling good and positive and living life the same way as I did before the diagnosis so its all good !  

Best wishes to you too.