Just diagnosed triple negative

• 7 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi there, just diagnosed with above. 50 year old, 2 teenagers. Stage 2b. Scary when you google. Any positive survivor stories out there? Tia

• Hi I was diagnosed that year stage 3. I had 6 sessions of chemo followed by surgery then 5 session of radiotherapy. ( my hospital does extensive radiotherapy instead of 15 sessions). I am cured. 
    please, please stay positive and try not to get stressed. 
    Best wishes

Lebs 

• Hi 

I was diagnosed in April 2018.  I had 8 rounds of chemo, a lumpectomy and rads.  Had a complete response to chemo.  This is the worst time when you’ve had your diagnosis and haven’t started treatment.  It’s like a whirlwind.  There are lots of ladies that have very positive outcomes.  Try really hard not to Google ad there is so much outdated info.

Good luck with your treatment.

• I totally agree with you. It’s a tough regime but so worth it. 
    It helped me having a goal to aim for and focus on. My daughter lives in Florida and my focus was going to visit her and I’m off in September. 
    Good luck Ellie with your treatment and listen to your body. Rest when you need to and take a walk or exercise when you feel able it really does help. 

• Thank you, Google gave me a fright!

• Hi Ellie haven't been on here for some time so only seeing this now. I hope that things are going well for you and you are feeling a little more positive. I have TNBC and have had 5 of my 6 lots of Chemo. At the halfway point they did an ultrasound and said that the lump was shrinking so I'm trying to stay positive. After number 6 I will have an MRI to decide what type of surgery is best and after surgery I will have a course of radiotherapy. Fingers crossed we can all get through this. "One day at a time" Here if you need to chat xx

• hi,

I finished treatment in Dec 2021 so now 8 months out. Hair now back and back in ft work.  It’s a hard journey! But keep focus and stay positive.  I had 6 rounds chemo, when it’s bad breath through it and tell yourself  feelings and pain pass. I found the chemo the worst part. I then had lumpectomy and lymph node clearance 13 nodes removed plus radiotherapy and the 6 cycles tablet chemo.  My advice is one minute at a time, one hour at a time, 1 day at a time and then one week at a time.  Count your blessings, I had it during lockdown so drove myself and did everything alone. So grateful to have got treatment. Anything I can help with just shout, hope my story/ strategy for getting through it helps. Use the help and support offered 

sending positive thoughts

L