Connection and solidarity required

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello everyone,

Like so many people on this site, I didn't expect to be here and writing this. My name is Liney, I'm 41, live in Greater London with my beloved and our cat. I was diagnosed with a grade 3 triple negative breast cancer yesterday.

I would love to connect with people on a similar path, we are stronger together and solidarity is going to mean so much.

Big love Purple heart

• Hi lovely welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis I’m sure like many of us, it was quite a shock. You have come to the right place though. Full of women going through similar experiences with TNBC who support each other all the way. I was diagnosed in February and had scans etc then lumpectomy and just had my first Chemotherapy session on Tuesday. Happy to support with any questions x

• Hello, thank you for your response Blush. Currently I'm navigating knowing my diagnosis far better than all the waiting. I would love to connect and support each other along the way. How have you found your journey so far?xx

• My journey has been ok so far. At first it takes a while to get your head round it all but then the only thing we can do is fight and I got to the point where Im just focusing on the finish line.

It took a while initially to get a plan of treatment and there were things that were delaying my next steps and I was sent for different scans. I had a lumpectomy and 1 node removed. They found out that that node had some cancer cells in it. So I am grade 3 stage 2 TNBC. I then moved hospital because I requested to (such a long story). My plan is 4 sessions of EC chemo every 2 weeks and 4 sessions of Taxel every 2 weeks. I had my first on Tuesday and I’m so surprised but I have no side effects so far which is amazing, although my blood sugar did go high. I don’t think the whole journey will be a walk in the park, but nice to have a good start. 

Have they told you what treatment you may need to have? 

x