Triple negative breast cancer

• 3 replies
  • 34 subscribers

In total shock , was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in the lymph nodes and left breast .

Have started chemo and immunotherapy and today have Just had some really bads news from my Ct sodium fluoride scan and it has shown that the cancer has spread to the bones in several areas of the body.

To be now told that your cancer is not curable and treatment will be to prolong your life. 

• Hi Julie100

Welcome to the forum and I’m sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer and that it’s spread to your bones.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• So sorry you are in this position. I am similar, TNBC with liver mets. My mets weren’t initially known about because I wasn’t scanned, they were found when I had a scan for something else a few months after diagnosis. It’s good that you are a candidate for immunotherapy. I had some treatment with Pembrolizumab. Unfortunately after 6 doses, I wasn’t able to continue with it because it allowed my immune system to do a lot of collateral damage to healthy organs, but it also reduced my mets so that they could be ablated. 

• Hi Julie,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I didn’t want to just move past without saying something. I can’t imagine what must be going through your head just now but I would say try (know not easy) to have hope. Medicine has moved on an incredible amount and there are lots of treatment options now. Sending lots of love x