2nd lumpectomy

• 2 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Don't  where things a going  now my wife had a lumpectomy and lymph  nodes removed   two weeks ago and today we visited  the surgeon  

Was stunned when we were informed  she will have to undergo  another  operation  in two weeks as the biopsy  taken at the time now shows cancer in deeper tissue  and also in the lymph  nodes .feel like we have been hit with a sledgehammer  and all my wife's positivity  has left her wondering  what having  chemo  was all about and wondering  if it has spread  even further 

• Hi Kev61

I'm sorry to hear that your wife needs a second operation.  It's perfectly understandable that you both feel like you've been hit by a sledgehammer and that your wife's positivity has taken a knock.  It happened to me when I had my first operation back in May, they discovered cancer in the lymph node that they took which was a bit of a shock and it meant I needed a second operation to remove the rest of my lymph nodes.  Is she having a CT Scan?  I had one in after my first operation to check for spread and luckily the scan was clear. I had the second operation in September and I was given the all clear in October.

Wishing you and your wife the best of luck as she faces her second operation.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy53

Thanks for the reply

No ct scan just straight  in for second op was always told throughout  treatment  that lymph  nodes were clear