Allergic reaction to Paclitaxel

• 6 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I am am so pleased to be 1 chemo away from the finish line!! I am currently on Paclitaxel and have had 2 horrible allergic reactions to it. I only have one more but dreading the reaction again. Has anyone else had an allergic reaction? And how did they manage it?

• Not an allergic reaction but the one dose I have had put me into hospital with severe abdominal pain and a resulting infection. Had 2 weeks off, trying again on Wednesday, not looking forward to it!

• Sorry to hear that! I hope it went ok yesterday. They will give it to me over 6 hours next time. 

• Hi, I had my second dose of Paclitaxel and reacted with severe back pain.  Apparently it was my kidneys reacting.  They slowed it down and I completed the dose. I’m back tomorrow for round 3… feeling apprehensive… 

• Hi thanks for sharing. Oh dear I know how that pain feels! I hope you didn’t react again! I’m back in tomorrow for my final Paclitaxel! They said they will slow it down over 6 hours. So we will we! 

• Unfortunately I did react again, despite being pre-loaded with different meds, and slowing it down.  It happened at exactly the same point - I had only had 6ml!! I am meeting with my oncologist tomorrow to discuss alternative options. Good luck with yours Four leaf clover 

• Hi IngyS

Sorry to hear that you reacted to your chemo infusion for the second time.  

Best of luck with your meeting with your oncologist tomorrow.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge