skin moisturiser during and after radiotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 29 subscribers

What do people advise me to use and when? Thank you in advance for replies.

• Hi

I can't help with your question but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies and thought I'd pop in and suggest that you also post this question in the main breast cancer group.

You could also have a look through this thread which list tops tips for radiotherapy to see if anyone has recommended what moisturiser they use.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

i was advised by the oncologist to uses aloe Vera gel99.9 %, it didn’t do much for me, the radiographer gave me some flamagel which has helped with the redness and soreness, but if I was having radiotherapy again I’d use all Aveeno products, I also use simple soap if I’ve run out of Aveeno.

Best wishes stay sade

Mimi121

Mimi121
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mimi121

Thankyou. I start Thursday- just five days they do now.

• Hi Vibraphone

The hospital I attended for radiotherapy handed out Diprobase cream and afterwards my GP prescribed it. I found it helped me and thankfully didn't burn at all. I applied it liberally after sessions and worel looserunderwear like a sports bra during radiotherapy

Hope this helps. Xx

• Hi Vibraphone

Not sure if you have started radiotherapy but the hospital I attended gave me Diprobase which helped me a lot and thankfully I didn't burn at all. Just had a little bit of redness. GP prescribed DiprobaseGrin for me after radiotherapy finished. I also let the air at my skin as much as possible....at home obviously (Grin) and wore loose clothing/ underwear.

Hope this helps x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Marita01

Thankyou-I will ask about that.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Vibraphone,  I had radiotherapy at Mount Vernon and I was told to use  Sorbaderm Cream which I did, and didn't have any skin problems during or after. I also washed in aqueous cream and used Aveeno (green bottle) as well. Good luck and stay safe xx