Diagnosed yesterday with triple negative breast cancer

• 62 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi everyone

im scared, I can’t eat, can’t sleep, my world has been turned upside down, they said it’s treatable and because my growth is 3.5cm I will have chemo first then surgery if it shrinks, they said on ultrasound it isn’t looking like it’s in my lymph nodes, I’m shaking from head to toe, I’m a single mum and panicking, please please give me positive vibes.

lots of love Nicola 

• hi Nicola1311

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  I was diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative breast cancer nearly four years ago with Lymph node involvement.  After having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• That is such fantastic news, thank you so much for sharing xxx

• Hi Nicola - sending hugs! 

I was diagnosed in May with TNBC. They thought mine was 3.6cm too. Don’t fixate on the size - it’s the treatment plan after that you need to focus on. 
    Things have advanced a long way with breast disease - as I’ve found out. 

You’re not alone in all of this. There are others going through exactly the same - I thought I was alone until I joined here :-) 

Reach out to friends and family and others for support. 

They were really quick with the treatment plan, however I understand it feels forever cos that’s how it felt for me. 

Speak to your GP as well for support. Mine prescribed me some sleeping and anxiety support. 

Positive vibes coming your way!! You can do this… xx

• Thank you so much for this, how are you getting on ? Hope all is going well.

Its the limbo that I’m in at the moment, still need to see consultant and have picc line etc, just desperate to start treatment, I will speak to GP as well thank you, it’s the waves of anxiety, it’s awful xx

• Honestly - life is a rollercoaster of emotions currently while having treatment but so pleased I’m having treatment and able to have treatment! 

Everyone is different. 
    I know it’s hard but try and stay positive! 
    Anxiety isn’t great, however, I’ve learnt slowly (still learning!) - you have to help yourself. 
    Get out in the open, keep yourself busy. 

Things will start moving now you’ve got a diagnosis. 
    I’m in Lancashire. Where are you?

I got diagnosed on 24/5, had oncologist appointment 11/6, PICC line got fitted day after and I started chemo on 17/6. 

In between those I had bloods done and an echocardiogram. Once I saw the oncologist, he requested a CT scan too and this was on 15/6.

Keep talking to others and don’t keep things to yourself xx 

• Wow, that’s brilliant and it all seemed to happen fast for you ! Sending lots of positive vibes.

I am in Lancashire too, Burnley, thank you so much for your messages, this is so comforting to me right now.

ive been getting out, seeing friends, few tears have been shed, but I’m ready for the fight.

hows the chemo been for you ? Have you felt ok ? Xxx

• I’m Preston. 

Hopefully, yours will be quick too! 
    You think nothing is happening, then all of sudden you’ll get things through. 

Take someone with you to appointments for support and another ear! 

If you want or need to cry - do it. I still have moments now and will continue to have moments. 
    Don't Dr Google anything!! Either come on to Macmillan or speak to your breast nurse as I’m guessing you’ve got one? 

Like my consultant said - it’s not a fight because fights are tiring - it’s a journey and it’ll be your journey. 
    Everyone is different. 

Ive had issues mainly with immunotherapy and not chemotherapy. I have had a really good week this week actually - just been lethargic. 

But like I say, everyone is different! Everyone reacts and responds differently. 

sending you lots of love xx  

• That’s sooo true ! 
    yes my mum has been with me so far but she’s not been great bless her.

ive already made the Google mistake, won’t be doing that in a hurry again, positive vibes all the way from now on.

so what is immunotherapy? Is that something that you get along side chemo ?

yes I’ve been assigned a McMillan nurse, I’m ringing Monday morning for an update because I’ve not heard anything since Thursday.

your preston, I work at preston hospital, I hope they are looking after you. I also hope the lethargy passes for you.

sending lots of love and prayers xxx

• How are you feeling Missy ? 
    mice got my oncologist appointment for Friday, makes me feel a bit better xxx

• Hi Nicola

I'm jumping in here!

I'm TNBC and this is what I'm having:

Pembrolizumab (immunotherapy) every 6 weeks for a year

Carboplatin and Paclitaxel every week for 12 weeks

Then EC for 3 months.

Then mascetomy

And I don't know if I'm getting radiotherapy.

I was very upset when I got my diagnosis. But I'm getting used to it now. I found the lump in May and s tarted treatment 2 July. It felt awful waiting but once you meet the chemo nurses and start, it feels so much better.

Things I've found useful:

Laxatives!

Sleeping tablets post chemo

Eating healthier food. I'm concentrating on my diet and eating more vegetables and protein

Having someone who comes with me to important appointments (or just the ones that make me nervous like radiology). I don't have a partner.  I have a kind female friend.

I'm driving myself to chemo at the moment because these weekly doses aren't too bad. Once I start on EC, I might have to take people up on their offers of help!

I hope you find a good path through this. 

Xx