Terrible itch

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Well that says it all.  I had my lump and sentinel glands removed almost a month ago and start chemo in just under two weeks.my BCN is off with Covid and I find it difficult just inching up to talk to a random BCN.  Can you help.  I have the most irritating itch in the boob the lump was removed from.  The scar is fine and healing beautifully and Is above my nipple.  The itch is my nipple and runs across me breast.  It has been so bad I have noticed red wheals where I have scratched so hard.  Anyone else suffer from this!  Should I mention it or is it just part of the healing even though it is not around the actual scar?  Thank you Gwennie

• Hi

Ooh that itch sounds really horrible. 

Don't be embarrassed about talking this through with a different BCN. If I need to speak to my SCN and she's not available then I just talk to her colleague. Any of the BCNs will be able to access your records and help you with any questions so give them a call on Monday to put your mind at rest.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Think I am going to have to call someone and thanks for geeing me along!

• Maybe try a small amount of steroid cream.  Hydrocortisone was recommended for me but use just a little amount.

i had real itchy nipple after i finished my radiotherapy,  just 3 days later it was easing off and eventually went.

• Thanks for the advice Swift15.  It did pass too with too he help of BodyShop Aloe multi is even soothing gel which is great for scars too. Itch has now been superseded by chemo hangover,!