Indeterminate response to treatment

• 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Had my latest oncology appointment last week and the result was an indeterminate response to the RAI treatment rather than being classed as an Excellent response. I had full Thyroid removal in June 2022 and RAI in November 2022. My anti-thyroglobin hormone levels have gone from above 500 down to 198 in March, then the latest result from a blood test in November 2023 was 128. I'm reassured by this but my oncologist had a thorough feel all around my neck area, presumably searching for any painful or enlarged lymph nodes. They also asked if I feel well, which I do. My thyroxine dose has gone down from 150mg 4 days and 125mg 3 days to the latter dose all week.

Any one had similar ?

Thanks

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again. 

I'm sure members of the group will be along shortly to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My recommendation - for what it may be worth - is to call your oncolgist's secretary, explain that you're baffled by what 'indeterminate' means and ask if you can get a follow-up call.

Don't worry about the doc feeling your neck. They do that at each appointment as a matter of routine. 

Best wishes

Barbara

“Scars are tattoos with better stories.” – Anonymous