Hurthle cell follicular thyroid cancer

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi - had anyone else on here been told they have hurthle cell follicular cancer. I had a total thyroidectomy and RAI in 2019 and all seemed ok till Dec 2020. Now scans show some cancer in the area where the original tumour was so meeting with my surgeon to discuss further surgery. If the cancer has returned dies this mean it can't be completely controlled. I know hurthle cells react slightly differently to standard follicular cancer but can't find anyone who's had a similar experience. Anxiety levels are really high at the moment so looking for some more information if possible.

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that you've possibly more surgery ahead of you.

It's natural that you want to connect with others who have been diagnosed with hurthle cell follicular cancer so that you can chat with them. I typed 'hurthle' into the search bar and found these previous posts for you. You could have a read through them and respond to any of the more recent posters if you think they might be able to help you further.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"