Thymoma B1

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi

I am been treated for breast cancer and am currently recovering from breast surgery which was last Thursday - I am due to have radiotherapy in around 8 weeks time.

during the breast cancer diagnostic process they discovered a Thymoma B1 in my chest/lung (8cm).

following a lung biopsy they confirmed that the Thymoma is benign and is not due to the breast cancer spreading.

they have told me they will need to remove this once I have recovered from the breast cancer treatment 

I’m just wondering if anyone has had a similar Thymoma diagnosis and what was there experience of treatment/surgery?

rhank you for reading xx

• Hello Cal22

I am sorry to see that you had a diagnosis of breast cancer and hope that your recovery from the surgery is going ok. I wish you well with your radiotherapy treatments starting in 8 weeks time.

It must have been a worry that they discovered a thymoma during your diagnosis and it is reassuring that it is benign and not related to the breast cancer. 

I have not had a thymoma but I hope you do not mind me responding as I thought by doing so it will bump your post to the top again and hopefully someone who has had experience of thymoma treatment will be able to respond.

If you want to read about other people's thymoma treatments- you can type it into the search bar at the top of the forum and this will take you to previous posts. I have just done this and there are several that may help.

In the meantime if you want to speak to someone then do please give the support line a call. The number is at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm