Husband most likely has testicular cancer

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hello all, my husband has been told he likely has testicular cancer and is getting it removed on Monday. Obviously we are really worried about spread. His ultrasound said 36mm x 19mm mass inside his right testicle. It is part cystic and part solid with some calcifications. Has anyone had a similar report? I know it can’t be diagnosed on here but would just appreciate any experiences with a similar report. Thanks 

• Hi sorry to ask this question so they have decided to remove on the basis it is a "mass" but wether this mass is cancerous or not is a risk worth not leaving alone? I think this is my understanding of it.

I have a scan soon and I'm just so worried at the moment.

• Hi sorry you are going through this worry too. My husband did not feel a lump but his testicle was harder and sore. When they did the ultrasound the mass was inside the testicle. It has blood vessels to the mass which is highly suspicious of cancer which is why it will be removed. I don’t know your symptoms but please know that most lumps are not cancer. It is scary but the NHS have been amazing and I know he will be ok. It’s just the uncertainty of what is to come.