Testicular lymphoma

• 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Good morning,

I am at the very start of whatever journey this turns out to be.

I have to say that just reading some of the posts and the responses has already given me some much needed perspective, breaking the cycle of the 'whirlwind' of thoughts that go through your head.

I was diagnosed with a lump in my right testicle in early April, CT scan and tumour markers all normal. Testicle removed end of April.

Pathology of testicle came back 3 weeks later urologist stating it was a lymphoma. Knocked me a bit as I only considered seminoma/non seminoma. Urologist said he was now referring me to a Haematologist.

The conversation took place over the phone so I was not in the best place to think of questions at the time. I wish I had asked how long will it take before I see a Haematologist.

I would imagine that some sort of cancer pathway would kick in and it would be expedited.

When I had my 3 week follow up with the urologist I mentioned a lump at the top of my scrotum on the side where my testicle had been removed, he examined it and said it would probably go down over the next two months as it was a feature of the operation that some people experience. Is this the experience of others.

Best wishes

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see join the community.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups….. so I don’t normally post in this group but just seen your post.

I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-Grade NHL then in late 2013 a more aggressive type of NHL came along with me now reaching Stage 4a so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Lymphoma regardless where it presenting including in the Testicular area is completely different cancer from Testicular Cancer….. and is treated rather differently due to it being a blood cancer, not a sold tumour cancer,

There may be someone in this group who has been on the same Non Hodgkins Lymohoma journey but could I also recommend that you join and put up the same post in our dedicated Non-Hodgkin lymphoma support group as we can help you out further navigating the NHL rollercoaster.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Mike (thehighlander)

Thank you very much for getting back to me. It was on reading your story that gave me the confidence and inspiration to join the community.

Yes I'll link into the group.

Thanks again

• Over my 7 years helping out on here and for Lymphoma Action (The UKs main Lymphoma Charity) I have talked with many folks just like yourself who have had NHL in the Testicular area  and were treated successfully…… NHL is very treatable even when it reached stage 4 Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I really appreciate and value your comment Mike, thank you.