Changes yo remaining testicle after orchidectomy

• 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all,

It has been nearly a year since my treatment for TC has finished. I wanted to understand if others have noticed changes to their remaining testicle. I couldn't help but notice my remaining testicle is slightly larger than before. No lumps or bumps as I had noticed from my now gone cancerous testicle. No pain or weight. Just bigger. Not sure if the remaining testicle has compensated for the loss of its partner. What have others noticed?

• Hi

Yes, that's quite normal. Mine got a bit larger and a bit "bouncier" perhaps. Nothing to worry about.

Best wishes

G

• Did you get chemo?
    I lost my level ball due to due to medical error, I didnt have a cancer, but my remaining ball is not growing more than 1 year after orchidectomy.

• Hey mate, this is exactly the post I was looking for!! I had my right one out last June due to a 3cm classic seminoma I also had one shot of carbo a few weeks after. Now on surveillance and just had my 6 month ct and bloods and they’re fine. But I have noticed the same thing as what you’re saying my remaining ball is definitely a little bigger and maybe a little harder/ more bouncier like teahupo says. How are you doing now bud?? Hope all is well

• Hi James, I pretty much went the same as you last year, what I've noticed or what I think anyway is that I feel like my remaining testicle is sitting higher up than it did since the operation, anyone one else think that 

• And also get a sharp pain in the scrotum now and then, but all scans and bloods are fine 

• Hi mate. Mine is definitely sitting higher!! I mean it always was higher tbh but not it’s right up the top with no hang at all!! I’m 18 months all clear now just had my ct scan etc so happy about that. Hope everyone’s well