Possible testicular cancer diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m brand new around here, really worried and don’t know who else to reach out to. I have a hard lump on the front of my testicle that does not move, I went to the doctor straight away. He asked me a series of questions about symptoms which I had none. He said he was 95% happy but has referred me for a scan (the wait is torture) and feel there is nobody to speak to about it. 

I have done the dreaded thing of checking the internet, I have been experiencing back pain for many months, but this is just in the morning and is intermittent. According to google this is really bad and a key sign of testicular cancer. I know I need a scan to determine this but any advice on this would really help. 

finally, I had an ultrasound scan seventeen months ago for a cyst on my other testicle, what are the chances of testicular cancer developing in that time and what degree. Can anyone offer any advice on this please. 

sorry for all of the questions but it’s the actual waiting around that’s impacting me the most and feeling I have nobody to speak to. 

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing your story, I’m sorry to hear this is a worrying time for you. You are in the best possible care. 

it’s easy to read up and scare yourself with what you find on the internet. Back pain can be caused by many different things but your GP would have asked the right questions at this stage, if he is not alarmed by your responses then try and take this as some reassurance. 

The ultrasound scans are very conclusive in ruling out something that is benign vs malignant. They can’t diagnose a cancer at this stage but they will likely order a blood test to back up what the ultrasound shows. 

i am currently receiving chemotherapy for testicular cancer. So I am basing my reply on how the experiences were for me. 

I will keep you in my thoughts and wishing for a positive outcome. 

take care,

Jonny

• How are things coming along? Have you had your scan yet ?