Very early stages

• 5 replies
  • 10 subscribers

My husband discovered one of his testicles was swollen about a month ago. He only told me yesterday but I managed to get an appointment for him to be seen by GP this morning, which was unexpected. The GP told him he’s 80% certain it’s testicular cancer. We are both so shocked as we thought it was a cyst or something similar. I’m also surprised the GP told him that before any tests at the hospital. They said husband should hear from the hospital in about 2 weeks. I’m glad I found this forum as I’m sure we will have questions but at the moment we are too shocked

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sure the other forum members will be happy to share their experiences with you if there's anything you want to ask.

Do come back and let everyone know how your husband's tests go.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Husband has already had an appointment through with the urology team in 3 weeks. I think that’s when our questions will start. Hello and all the best to everyone on the forum

• Hello

1. hope everyone is doing ok? I’m sorry I haven’t been on for a long time. 
      My husband was referred to a consultant on the fast track ( is that what it’s called) system. He was reasonably confident that the lump was from a hydrocele, especially as this type of cancer is very unusual at his age. He took him off the “fast track” but arranged an ultrasound to confirm his findings. 
      We heard nothing for about 10 days and presumed it was all clear. But then we had an urgent call to come into hospital that day. They said that a mass had been found so they arranged a CT scan while we were there and blood tests. 
      We got called back a week after that to be told that it was cancer, certain tumour markers were elevated but also there were signs that it had spread to his liver and lungs. He nearly passed out when told. 
      He was told an orchidectomy would be arranged within 3 weeks, it was actually 2 which was good. 
      They removed a 10cm tumour and he was kept in overnight. 
      His recovery has been slow but I think this is because he’s older than is usual for this type of cancer. 
      We are now waiting to hear from the hospital about the results and what happens next. I suppose this will be chemo and radiotherapy? Any advice for these next steps would be much appreciated. 
      Thank you
  • Hello  

I was just reading some posts on the Community and came across yours - I am so sorry to read your news but he sound like he's in good hands.I can't give you any specific advice as I have a different cancer, however I can point you in the direction of two other forums which you may find useful to join and the links to these are here-

Secondary lung cancer forum 

Secondary liver cancer forum 

To join these forums, just click on the links I have provided and when the page opens up, just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then introduce yourself in the "New here - Say Hello" thread.

I do hope you find help and advice there.

If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and reply. I really appreciate this. 
    I will definitely check out those other forums. 
    wishing you all the best