Urgent 2 Week Wait

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone. My husband visited the GP 3 days ago after he started experiencing testicle pain and some swelling. The pain is radiating to his groin and lower back. The GP has put him on an urgent 2 week wait for an appointment at the hospital for suspected testicular cancer. We're on tenterhooks waiting to hear from them. Can anyone fill me in on how long people have to wait for their first appointment please? We're climbing the walls waiting!

• Hello Bridgetmp

Welcome to the Online Community. I am sorry to hear that your husband has had some testicular pain and that it is radiating to his groin and back. I can understand what a worrying time this is for you both and that you want him to be seen as soon as possible to get answers.

The 2 week referral system means that they will aim to see him within 2 weeks from when the doctor referred him. This is done if there are any symptoms that may be due to cancer. It does not mean he necessarily has cancer, but that his symptoms need checking asap. I would hope that he should hear from the hospital within the next week to week and a half as he was seen 3 days ago. 

If you don't hear anything by the end of next week you could consider contacting his GP for an update. 

In the meantime if there is anything that we can do to support either of you then please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Bridget 

how did everything go with your husbands scan? 

hope all is well