Possible testicular cancer

• 17 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Good evening everyone,

Well here’s something I’d never thought I had to deal with which is possible testicular cancer. So i don’t know where to reach out for just a discussion and a heads up of how this works. Being my dad had testicular cancer I guess looking at the % now it has always been on the table. So a couple weeks ago I started having testicular pain. Gave it a week thinking I may have “squished” them. Well a week later no dice, still some pain. Decided to go into a walk in clinic and they ordered an ultrasound. Results came back showing two solid masses. Had a chest X-ray that came back normal, along with a CT scan that showed nothing abnormal. I know this is good but should it ease my mind it’s more of a local thing or still possible spread even with the results? This is where a community is nice to reach out to. I’m lost and would like to know a few things. Did blood work along with a tumor marker test as well. Got a few results back today and the only abnormal readings were HCG levels of 2 which they marked as high. My LDH levels came back normal. Has anyone else had these type of readings as well? Regardless of what anything shows on any test the doc recommends an or orchiectomy regardless, which I’m not opposed to being the history and odds now. If anyone has any tips or just to talk about this it’d ease my mind and at least give me a few answers thank you! 

• Good luck for today, I am sure you will be fine as GB has said.   My blood markers were “normal” at diagnosis despite having a 37mm tumour so  there can be lots of different versions we all experience..

i have just started my 5 yr surveillance, so a fairly recent member of the club!

take care.

• Yes. My tumour markers and all bloods were normal. Tumour was fairly small also. 

• Appreciate the replies guys! Starting yesterday, breast tissue has been a little sore, seems hcg levels could be the cause as it messes with your hormones. I did have a 1.9 cm tumor. So guess time will tell. Waiting is definitely the worst piece of this. A bit worried now 

• You are right in saying that waiting is the worst bit. Your mind goes wild and every little twang of pain or discomfort sends you into panic. Before Xmas I started to get discomfort in my remaining little fella. I convinced myselF it was nothing but then it didn’t ease. I was checking daily and in truth probably aggravated it my excessive probing. In the end I got an ultrasound (ordered via my oncologist) and it was nothing. It’s natural to worry unfortunately but I guess your symptoms are being heightened by your (justified) anxiety. 

• Did you have any pin on the testicle before? Or anyone else with the breast tissue soreness, like I said prolly hcg just curious.

• No mate, nothing. It seems experiences are different though so try not to focus on negative things. Not easy I appreciate. 

• Yeah man I get, I’ve come to the terms with my surgery. Which I was deathly afraid of having one bad experience as a teenager. Just the deathly thoughts of the diagnosis has me riddled. I know it’s an odds thing. But I can’t help it.