Pain in Chest and Back

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all was just wondering if anybody ever experienced pain in their chest area and back while on BEP. I'm currently on 4x BEP and well I experience sharp pain in the right side of my chest and sometimes a pain by heart. I've been talking to my docs about it but was mostly prescribed Nexium for heartburn but the thing is I changed my diet and take omeprazole nearly everyday. The heartburn has gone away for the most part but I still experience pain in the chest, both by my heart and on the right side. Then there is the back and pain and feeling of tightness in my chest. I will probably bring this up with my docs as I am going in for my last session. Is this related to the chemo. Somehow I have this fear of Bleomycin toxicity although I know it is a rare thing, I don't really have any fast breathing but I do feel like on some days especially when it is cold the air feels cold on the way down to my lungs. Sometimes the tightness gets to me you know although I can breathe in, not sure if it's because of my muscles themselves feeling sore I feel this way.

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply to your post as yet. Whilst waiting for a reply from someone in your group why not Ask a Nurse here on the forum. (just click on the link). You may need to wait two to three days for a reply. 

Otherwise give your CNS a ring they'll be able to give you reassurance.

I'm attaching a link to some reading material from the Macmillan Information and support for BEP which you may find helpful.

Sending hugs, B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me, it means alot. Thanks for the Hugging