Hello everyone

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers
  • My husband was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer in August this year. He was put on a 28 day pathway. He is on his 5th round of chemo and immunotherapy. His side affects after the IV one is throat spasm after first monthful of food then he's ok. Tingling in his hands and feet but that passes when he's in the warm. The cold is affecting him more when he goes outside. Have a second scan booked in January as his first scan three weeks ago shows that the cancer is strinking but he's still terminal. Fingers crossed that the chemo and immunotherapy keeps doing it's job and gives us more time as a family.
  • Welcome to our group.  I am glad to hear that the treatment is doing its work and really hope the next scan shows continued progress.  Incurable but treatable is a better way of thinking about it, I think.  There’s a lovely group on this Forum for those who have Incurable cancer and there are so many positive stories   

Sending you and your husband every good wish! X

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thankyou my husband next scan is on the 10 Jan so fingers crossed. I find if hubby wants to talk about his cancer we do. He as said is when he starts to get symptoms then he will be scared but like I have told him we will deal with it like everything else. We have got two children 16 & 18 and we never keep anything from them but to be honest I am scared not for me but for hubby and the children. X