Hello

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, my first time here.  I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in June 2020.  Had an operation in July 2020 and ended up with a colostomy bag.  It was so hard accepting that but I got on with it.  Was told I was stage 4 as it had spread to my lymph nodes.  Started chemo in sept 2020, ended in January 2021.  Was told in Feb 2021 that the cancer had gone but they made a mistake, I was left for 6 month with no treatment, no follow ups, nothing.  Got called in to see my stoma nurse, had some tests and there it is again.  Worse than last time.  They decided an operation was going to be too dangerous so had chemo.  Chemo was awful, only had 3 sessions and two of them I had a really bad reaction.  Chemo stopped again in January 2022 as they said there was no measurable disease.  WRONG AGAIN.  I'm now terminal and have had 2 sessions of chemo so far, not so bad this time round as they've changed it.  We are going through hell as a family and I am so depressed at the moment, all I do is cry.  Is it normal to be so depressed after chemo?  My feet are numb, my mouth is sore,  I'm usually such a positive person but I can't be now.

• Hi, I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve gone through over the last  couple of years! I’m lost  for words what’s happened to you… I don’t blame you for feeling so depressed, but you’ve done the right thing in reaching out to chat to someone on here… Macmillan also can give you support too if you want it, like  counselling so ask them it will help you… 

Please keep in touch on here so you can get support from this forum… take care… I am too a Welsh girl but lives in Scotland… 

Michele 

• Hi.  Thank you for your message, really appreciate it.  I'm going to contact my Macmillan Nurse next week to see if we can have a chat.

Hope you're ok.

Lisa