Just told

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi so after 9 months of being poorly with stomach ulcers abscesses and heart disease i then am told Tuesday just gone I have stomach cancer after having a endioscopy. I have to wait to next Thursday for them to tell me what stage it is and treatment plan. I haven’t stopped crying

• Hi, I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis!! I was told in November from a routine endoscopy and colonoscopy for ibs… it’s awful isn’t it? Such a big shock. It is going to be a very fast rollercoaster ride from now on but hold on tight as there will be some light at the end of the tunnel… I was told I had stage 4 signet ring, I had 4 rounds of chemo (FLOT) before my stomach was removed in April and now I’m into my 2nd lot of 4 rounds of chemo… it’s a battle but stay positive please as it does help… 

Take care 

Michele 

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, it will be a shock and hope you get the support you need.

Our dad was diagnosed earlier this year and I've found the macmillan support line very helpful, particularly the nurses who were able to explain more about the treatment and diagnosis. 

I also got some counselling too through a local organisation which has helped me have an emotional outlet and it might be worth exploring that when you feel ready. 

More than anything, stay hopeful and positive. The community here have been great. 

• Hi

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and it will be a really difficult and scary time for you.   It’s good that you have found this Forum as I found it a great support when I was diagnosed and through my treatment.

It will get easier once you know what you are dealing with!  I wrote a Blog during my treatment and if it’s useful just click on my name!

I am now almost four years from diagnosis and had chemo and a partial gastrectomy.  Do post any questions you have as there are lots of lovely people to help and support you!

Take care!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!