Adenocarcinoma

• 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi since my first post several  people have asked my to keep them informed on my progress so here goes ...I have just spent a week in the hospital to have a duodenal stent fitted to keep my pyloric open as my tumour was causing a obstruction preventing all but the thinnest liquids though my stomach this was the cause of bloating wind nausea  and finally reflux and vomiting..glad to say this aspect is now fine I can now almost eat a normal diet ...I will be starting Chemo and immunotherapy in the next 2 weeks , but that is a necessary evil and may not be very pleasant...at the moment the cancer appears to be confined to my stomach and peritoneum . If anyone wants any live updates I would only be to happy to oblige if it can help anyone , but before I go can anyone advice me on pain meds ,I have paracetamol and oramorph but bat  night the discomfort I have breaks through sometimes before the next dose is due and I am already on the max 

• Hi, I’m pleased that they have fitted a stent for you and that you can now eat normally, as far as pain relief goes I had paracetamol and oramorph.

I hope you are feeling more comfortable x

• That is what I have unfortunately the discomfort and pain  breaks through before a dose is due hence waking me up , I have just ordered a adjustable bed so I can keep my head and chest raised as during the day a regular dose of paracetamol is OK.