Adenocarcinoma

• 6 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi this is my first post on here as I have just been given the news that I have Adenocarcinoma in my stomach which has spread to my peretoneum , has any experienced this and can give me an idea on what to expect ...many thanks ....ps 68 YO Male

• Hi, sorry to hear about your news, it’s difficult to accept the words at the beginning, I’m sorry I can’t give you any advice but everyone on here will be supportive and answer questions if they can, good luck on your journey 

• Welcome to our group!  Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of stomach cancer so much will depend on the stage of the cancer and whether it has spread.  I had stomach cancer six years ago and had chemotherapy and surgery.  I now lead a normal life, something I could not have imagined when I was diagnosed!

You will now have a lot of scans and tests so that the medical team can decide on the treatment plan.  There are many people who have been on this group who live without a stomach! Who knew! 
    Do let us know what the next steps are for you and post any questions!

Good luck!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Hello,my husband has the same diagnosis as you.Cancer has spread to his peritoneum,he was diagnosed in June last year.He is currently on a break from chemotherapy which has been quite successful in removing the cancer on the outside of his stomach, tumour in his stomach is stable.The best bit of advice I would say is to try to eat well which sometimes isn’t easy if you’re feeling unwell.Also try not to google things because it’s quite often out of date and not really helpful.My husband found that the chemo is very tiring,but he is sitting here today with less cancer than he had last year and is also feeling quite well.Hope this helps a little bit.He has put a little bit on his profile also if you’d want a look

• Hi Buffandflow

My husband has the same cancer which I believe has spread to his peritoneam as well. We find out exactly end of July/August. They operated 2 years ago and took 60% of his stomach away but I don’t think they can operate this time unfortunately. It’s all so very hard emotionally isn’t it.  This is the first time I have messaged anyone on here   As you are going through all this too I  am interested in how your getting on and wish you well   
    Regards Sandra 

• Sorry to hear about your news. My husband who is 69 and has the same as you. I am interested to here about how you and other people get through it with positive results hopefully Regards Sandra 

• Hello Sandra,sorry to hear the news about your husband and hopefully you will hear good news at the end of the month regarding treatment.Yes it is very hard.I think for us it was being told it was at an advanced stage and it would be palliative care from the beginning.It is very hard emotionally but at the same time life goes on,and you feel your stuck in a rollercoaster of scans and meetings and hoping that something might come along to help.And hope there’s always hope

Best regards Isabel