Regergitation

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all,

My mum had her surgery in July 2023, and recently (past 1-2 months) she has had this issue where after she eats she will have some problems swallowing and she will spit out a lot of some strange secretions and her nose will start running. She calls it 'mucus-like' its not like she is throwing up violently but I do not know what it is really. She says it isn't bile but I am not sure what it is. Has anyone else heard of this happening? And I am concerned since it is a "new" development. Any advice is appreciated 

Thank you x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello  

Just a couple of ideas for you:

* Have you thought about putting the question to Mum's medical team to see if they can advise, as you say - "it's a new development".

* You could also pose the question to one of our MacMillan Nurses. The link to this is below:

Ask a Nurse 

It may take a couple of days for them to answer.

I hope the above helps.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks very much for message I’ll try those options x