Update on my Mum's stage 4 cancer

• 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all!

I don't go on here all too often but I wanted to offer a quick update on my Mum who was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer last August for anyone who has come on here also with a similar diagnosis. She is on first-line chemo still and will be getting a scan this week to see how things are going and if she needs to move on to the line 2 chemo.

All my best to those with this cancer, especially if it is advanced and inoperable. My Mum generally is doing okay day to day for the moment, touch wood, except for the usual chemo symptoms - I feel nervous even posting this in case I am tempting fate but hopefully it helps others on here. Anyone who deals with neuropathy, please be careful during the colder months - my poor Mum is more prone to slips and falls with her neuropathy and the cold exacerbating it!

• It’s good to hear that your mum is coping well with the treatment.  The diagnosis of cancer is absolutely devastating but once there is a treatment plan in place, it moves to a new phase.  There can be really special times and it’s good to be able to show your mum all the love and support that you can! 
    Thanks for sharing as it’s so good to have some positive messages!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Its so great to hear you mum is doing okay and managing the chemo symptoms as best as she can. Thank you for the update, it's nice to read positive news! My mum was diagnosed in July this year and is also advanced stage, currently on Folfox. She's had a couple of weeks of chemo break as her platelets were really low and is having a CT scan tomorrow. It's such a scary thing to be navigating so we take all the small wins. Sending you and your mum strength

• Thank you for your kind words!

• I'm really, really sorry to hear your Mum has also been diagnosed with advanced cancer, Larnz. I think my Mum had a similar situation of needing a break early on because of her white blood count, I think. It is good to take things one day at a time, there are so many ups and downs navigating this! All the best to you and your Mum.