Belching

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all 

some encouraging stories on here, I had my total gastrectomy September 2022, finished my last FLOT chemo January, but have suffered belching daily! Painful and uncomfortable, having another dreaded endoscopy this Saturday, anyone have the same problem? I want to get back to work but as I work F2F I cannot be belching through an assessment. Do feel for the gentleman with the bile problem.I was fit and healthy sailed through my surgery and chemo so now disappointed with my slow recovery- tried every medication known ! 

• Hello   I have just read your post and am so sorry you haven't had any replies. I do hope the "dreaded" endoscopy went well today and you have no side effects.

I can't answer your question regarding the issue with belching as I am from the Prostate Cancer forum, but by me responding, your post will be "bumped" back to the top of the forum and I hope other members of the Community will have an answer for you.

If you don't get anywhere and the problem continues can I suggest:

* You contact your consultant or GP and ask them if they can resolve the issue or

* We have an Ask a Nurse section where you could post your question. Just click on the link I have provided to do this and the MacMillan nurses may well have an answer

I hope this helps, if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.