Pre Op

• 16 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Pre-op all done swobs bloods ecg all lk ready for next week .cannot say i am looking forward to the wait. just got to control my mind 

• Very helpful. I am having  a major wobble scared and anxious 

Nic nac

• Nic, I’m sure you’ll be ok, remember the surgeons do the operation all the time, if they thought they couldn’t do it it wouldn’t be happening. My husband had no trouble through the operation everything went well and was out on day 7, a couple of up and dawn months but nothing too bad, he was 79 at the time of the op. It was me who did the worrying not him and it’s still like that now. All the best to you Nic xxx

Sue Xx
  • Sue giving you big hugs xxhope all ok with your husband future  recovery xx

Nic nac

• Nic

The waiting and buildup to the operation is so frightening. You have done everything you can to prepare physically and mentally but it’s absolutely terrifying!

Hopefully all the positive stories on this group are a comfort and in a couple of days you will be able to share another one! 

The medical team do this everyday and will look after you. 
    Good luck 

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Jac

You are so true in what you say , but it doesn't stop my mind working over time 

And getting worse each day operation  gets closer.  My head pounding  mot going  away  with paracetamol  might have to speak to someone  xx

Nic nac

• Nic

That is not good.  It’s more difficult to get advice over the weekend but it might be worth speaking to the CNS on Monday or phone the Macmillan Help Line. It’s open from 8.00 a.m. to8.00 p.m seven days a week.  
    https://www.macmillan.org.uk/whatever-you-need-to-ask?sc_camp=66b73485799946eebcb8554b9fb87e3c

Take care 

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!