Getting fit

• 6 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Trying to get a bit fitter for my OP ,any fittness you can do will help your recovery.  I wish everyone who's  in the same situation we found ourselves all the best for treatment  operation  and recovery.  I must admit its a scary  time for us all 

• Can we all try and make a small menu up for foods that you have found easy to eat after Op

I know not everyone the same but if we get a few ideas for 

Breakfast 

1x Wheatabix 

Lunch 

Shredded Chicken breast in mayo and cracker

Fruit jelly 

Dinner

Fish pie Cottage pie  mashed up potatoes with mayo mince ?

Can you add to these 

Nic nac

• Hi

I ate foods I didn’t usually eat! High calorie and high protein…the main issue was portion size at first so I calculated a cupful and gradually increased it.  I used a small plate and didn’t eat and drink at the same time. 

Dinner.half a baked potato with cheese, chicken casserole with mashed potato 

Breakfast. porridge made with coconut milk and banana with a spoonful of yoghurt,

Lunch . avocado with a cracker or toast…although bread was avoided at first.  

It is a bit of trial and error especially at first! 

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• It is definately trial and error.

I particularly like cream cakes but am trying to resist these.

LUNCH

Cracker cheese and Branston pickle.

Samosa's 

Any Heinz soup.

DINNER

Yesterday I managed a Sunday roast (sml portion)

Minced Lamb hotpot.

SNACKS

Pork Scratchilngs

Pompadoms

Yogurts 

Icecream 

Ice lollies

• Great if we get enough so people havd a choice to try 

Nic nac

• Peanut butter by the spoon full, he has that about 4x a day. Mix protein powder in with Greek yogurt, soup anything that you can mix it with,  He left hospital with the fortisips shakes, the dietitian prescribed them again for a month. X

Sue Xx
  • hi Nicnac 

here’s a few suggestions

breakfast: porridge, breakfast smoothies with yoghurt and oats, or soft eggs like half boiled or scrambled. After the puréed diet stage possibly crepes with filling savoury or sweet. Nutella for sweet as it’s calorific as heck or savoury like pesto with cheese to beef it up a bit.

lunch or dinner: risotto or Mac and cheese (over cooked pasta) rice based dishes like curries with coconut milk possibly some fish in it, noodles with a peanut butter and soy sauce. Maybe soft steamed dumplings after the puréed diet.

snacks: smashed avo, mashed sweet potato with feta