Nivolumab

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone,my husband has been diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer.We have been researching drugs and this one came up as being suitable for immunotherapy treatment.We have been told that it isn’t widely available in the uk,we live in the north of Scotland and I just wondered has anyone been prescribed it and their experience of it Thanks 

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this group, and don't have any personal experience with nivolumab, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to see.

I've searched the group for previous posts which mention this immunotherapy drug but drawn a blank I'm afraid. Of course, this doesn't mean that no one in the group has had this drug, maybe they just haven't posted about it.

However, nivolumab is widely used with other cancers and I've found these posts for you to have a look through.

It would be great if you could pop something about about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. I was just searching for other posts re Nicole man and came across this thought I’d reply just in case it was useful. Slightly different as my dad has oesophageal cancer - however we live in NI and he is currently on this treatment and has been for around a year(initially every 2 weeks now every 4), so far each scan has shown the tumour is stable 

• Hello thanks for your reply,and I hope you’re dad is keeping well.That is very positive information and Nivolumab has been mentioned for my husband’s treatment just waiting on a test result for PDL1 to see if it’s suitable.I am glad your dad is getting positive results with it,and hope it continues Thank you again 

• Hi Buffandflo 

I know you mentioned that they’re giving consideration pending histology- just wanted to say I think nivolumab is an NHS treatment, so it should be available for anyone suitable. Best of luck xxx (note, I think it’s given wish 5-FU/ or derivatives of this such  as capecitabine with oxaliplatin and no docetaxel so different to FLOT which is the standard chemo) some contraindications are autoimmune diseases but not all of them. Best of luck xxx 

• Thank you for your reply.He is going to be getting Capox chemotherapy starting on the 19th July and we are just waiting for test results coming back to see if he will be suitable for Nivolumab which his oncologist said could be introduced at some point in this first line treatment so yes just hoping he will be able to get it