recent diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi all

I have in just the past few days been told i have stomach cancer  in the moment and wanting to be out of the situation and just having the Endoscopy to confirm this i left the hosptial but now feeling im lacking in information i should of asked at the time but also still in greif as its just been a year since i lost my mother to cancer im feeling very lost and wanting to know whats next ? what should i be now waitng for to happen? any help ?

many thanks for any help

• Hi

You have come to the right place for support.  After an endoscopy there will be a number of tests to determine a treatment pathway.  This may include CT scans and a laparoscopy.  It is a difficult time for you but stomach cancer is treatable.  I had stomach cancer four and a half years ago and had chemo and surgery and now lead a normal life.

Do post questions and there are lots of lovely people to help you 

Take care 

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Hi DPS

It sounds like you have had a lot to cope with over the last year. I’m sorry to hear that you lost your mum and have received a stomach cancer diagnosis. I completely understand what you mean when you say that you’re feeling lost. It’s a lot to deal with but this forum is full of wonderful people who will help you through.

I can only go off of my own experience but a week or so after the gastroscopy I was contacted by a consultant who arranged a CT scan and a laparoscopic diagnostic. After this I think they can put a plan in place. My plan was chemotherapy followed by a total gastrectomy and then more chemotherapy. Have you contacted your doctor to discuss your diagnosis, they may be able to provide you with more information regarding your endoscopy.

I had a total gastrectomy on the 12th of April and have to say that I am generally feeling well. I remember being at the beginning of this “journey” and feeling petrified about what lay ahead but I can honestly say each stage has been better than what I expected.

I hope this has been of some help

• Hi thank you for your message I have actually had many tests my recent endoscopy was the last test they did which confirmed my diagnosis since posting on here i have mangaged to speak with an amazing macmillian nurse and she has filled in some more blanks for me .

And also very pleased to here you are blank to living a normal life

• Hi thank you for your message

Its been a tough year ! . Since posting on here i have managed to speak to an amazing macmillian nurse who  has managed to fill in some of the blanks and made me feel a litte more easy about things im still very nervous as this is still only the beginning of my journey but ihave now found there are now people out there to talk to

I hope your own journey  continues to only get better for you

• Hi.

Ah that’s great, I’m glad that you feel more at ease with everything now. I think it’s only natural to be nervous but just take it one step at a time. There are so many benefits to talking to people and there’s plenty of people who are more than happy to help on this site.

Thank you Blush