Covid cancelled surgery

• 3 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi 

my husband has been waiting and waiting for his total stomach removal after 4 sessions of FLOT. The day before surgery he tested positive for covid and they said it will now be delayed at least 3 weSee no evils. We are devastated and my husband is in such a lot of stomach pain and so worried that the delay will cause it to spread and become inoperable See no evilWeary

• I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  You must be beside yourself with worry.  It might be worth contacting the medical team for advice and pain meds to help him.  You could also seek some reassurance about possible spread, they will have scan results etc so hopefully can allay your fears.

Three weeks will seem a lifetime especially as he is feeling so unwell, so hope you get some positive news!

Take care x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Yeah so worried Worried We thought he’d be in recovery now!

• I am sorry to hear your husband has covid too, to contend with. Yes you will both be worried which is understandable while waiting and it won’t go quick enough for you. As Jac mentioned to you contact his medical team for advice to help him. 
    Take care both of you! 
    Michele