Looking ahead to 2023

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

As 2022 comes to an end, it is a time to look back and look forward!  For those affected by cancer, it’s especially hard as the future is so uncertain! Inevitably you remember the shock of being told you or someone you love has cancer.  It changes life for ever! But it can also bring a sense of perspective- suddenly all the silly things you stressed over, don’t matter any more.  Those you love are even more precious!

I have had cancer twice despite being reasonably fit and living a healthy life!  It’s a random disease that can affect anyone! 
There are some things that helped me - this group! I will always be grateful for the wonderful people, who posted at all hours of the day and night! Giving me hope that I would get through the dark days and the times even now when I stress over a pain or ache! Cancer takes away the trust you have in your body!
There are so many new treatments for cancer and it’s important to focus on the things you can control!  Going for a walk, doing simple things that make you happy!  I read the interview by Richard E Grant, whose beloved wife died of cancer- his book is called a Pocket of Happiness! 
A wonderful message for us all!

Happy New Year and good luck as you or someone you love is going through treatment! 

• Hi  and a very happy New Year to you too!

I think you have a very similar outlook on life to me in that I try to enjoy everything about life and try not to waste time and energy on things I can't control.

I don't think I'll ever stop worrying that a new ache means cancer but I have learnt to put it into perspective now.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"