Good news post: a stage IV success story

• 55 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I have written extensively in my profile about my dad's journey with stage IV cancer dating from his diagnosis in 2017. We're about to go into 2021 and he's NED - free of disease.I hope that new members can find hope from his story, and older members, please know I did my first update in nearly a year if you'd like to know how he's doing.

If I can be of help, please do get in contact, but do check on my profile about how best to ensure I'll see your messages!

In strength and solidarity,

SDH x

• Aww your poor mam x That's the thing getting a second opinion they will probably say same. My husband may have a chance I'm hoping. Has your dad had any radiotherapy or chemotherapy? X

Lorraine 

• No there not even doing that, its about the quality of life apparently, surely there must be something they can do, 

• Omg really why haven't they offered him any treatment thats not very fair did you ask ?

Lorraine 

• Hi SDH

thats such good news. I am new to the forum and just read your profile. My husband and I have had a very similar experience to yours including the international research journey and the same consultant ! so would be good to chat with you - but im not sure how to message you other than here.? look forward to speaking with you x

• Hi thanks for reply I think I have sent you a friend request hopefully lol x

Lorraine 

• So your dad had stage 4 cancer, so do that spread to the liver 

• Hi SDH did your dads cancer spread to the liver 

• I would really like some information from you. I have been diagnosed with stomach and oesophageous cancer and it hasn’t spread anywhere else except to a couple of lymph nodes. They were going to operate but yesterday was told after reviewing my PET scan that the lymph nodes are attached to blood vessels so wouldn’t be able to be removed. I am47 and they say I have 12-18 months to live. Going to see the chemo nurse today to discuss what one they are going to try. I was going to have FLOT but now I’m not having surgery they are trying a different one. Thank you

• Hi I'm so sorry about your dignoses really am. My husband has gastric cancer in the stomach lining.  He has some lymph nodes but not sure how many. He has had 4 doses of radiotherapy. He is going in for chemotherapy next week. They are using a inhibitor which blocks cancer. He's is inoperable what they do is treat what's there then when that's done they will have a look with a ct scan to check what's going on. He's is inoperable because of were it's difficult to operate it's between bowel and top of stomach. He's 60. I'm so sorry again I hope you can get the treatment you need. Feel free to message anytime you wants.  Sending hugs take care Marie x

Lorraine 

• I'm sorry for late reply just noticed your message x

Lorraine