Some positive news!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 18 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Mum got her results yesterday and it was the best we could have hoped for, the cancer has shrunk again and the lymph nodes are completely clear! Still no chance of surgery but it is positive. They will leave her now for 3 months then do another scan. We are all over the moon and I’m sure my mums positively has had helped a huge amount.  To look at my mum you wouldn’t know she had this awful disease. I’m so proud of how she has coped/is coping, I always knew she was a strong lady but this last 6 months she has been amazing in such an awful situation xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That is brilliant news. So pleased for you.

zantri

xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wonderful news, I am now 2 years post op for Gastric Cancer and I am really well. I have no doubt that staying positive helped me through this. Stay positive xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I’m glad you are doing so well. Unfortunately mums cancer is inoperable but we are still trying to remain positive xx

• FormerMember

3 month on and we are awaiting scan results again! I’m so anxious, my mum gets the results on Thursday. Mum has had no problems in the last 3 months and looks and feels great! Just hoping there is no new growth or spread! Waiting is the hardest thing! 

• Hi

Waiting for scan results is so stressful.  It’s such an anxious time and keeping busy is the only thing that helps pass the time.  

I hope your mum gets good news !  You will feel you have won the lottery!  

Fingers crossed and lots of hugs x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• FormerMember

Best wishes for your mum. It is a good sign if she had no problems in the last three months. I am starting my second EOX  cycle tomorrow for inoperable stomach cancer. Any positive news from your side is a hope for me. Please let me know. Deya 

• FormerMember

Hi Deya, I’m so sorry you are going through this, I’m sending you strength and positivity. I hope you are coping ok with the chemo? Mum found the second round the hardest to cope with and for the following rounds they reduced her dose by 25% which really helped. Mum has been very positive throughout and I’m sure that has helped her and the rest of us. I’m getting more and more anxious for Thursday but I’ll keep you posted xxx

• FormerMember

Hi Ellabella. I hope your mother is doing well. Any update on CT?  I started my second cycle yesterday after being postponed 1 week and with 20% dose reduction due to low white cells. Best regards. Deya 

• FormerMember

Hi Deya, sorry for the late response, I hope you are coping on the reduced dose? Thinking of you. 

We didn’t get the best news, there has been regrowth in the lymph nodes, however it’s so small that they were unable to measure it. There has also been an increase of the main tumour by 1cm so mum is about to start another 8 rounds of chemo. I wish she’d have had a little longer before having to start again but at the same time I’m grateful that there is treatment available xx

• FormerMember

Many Thanks for your reply. Sorry you didn’t get the best news but you are right you need to stay positive at least it is only limited recurrence and there is treatment available. Best wishes   Deya