Back home and doing well

• 3 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Discharged after 7 days and pleased to be back in the quiet. So far the digestive system is working coming to grips with eating schedule which seems to be a full time job trying to get the calories but mobility great and sleeping well.  Key to my recovery has been fitness and mental attitude and support from friends and family which cannot be underestimated. The consultants team and all the nursing staff at University hospital Birmingham have been magnificent guess I have been lucky in that regard reading other peoples issues  now taking it easy until next clinic for results from pathology. 

• Aww well done Golfingmad you’re doing so well. You also remind me of my 80 year old husband in your recovery, you seem to be following in his footsteps, as I said before his op was a year ago this month, he hasn’t really looked back since coming out of hospital on the 7th day. 
    Keep posting on how your doing and get them calories down you, all the things you were told not to eat now’s your chance X

Sue Xx
  • So pleased for you, positively brilliant, I am waiting for chemo and then surgery, reading messages like yours really helps to keep positive thank you x

• Happy to hear you are doing so well. 

Keep it up!