Constipation - any help appreciated

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Morning all 

After 3 lots of chemotheray and low fibre  diet  combined with  a high fat diet ( to maintain healthy weight )   I  am constipated . I have been taking dulcoease and drinking water and prune juice, and they have both worked until last week.  I know need something else  

So what's best? 

Confused as different types of laxatives  . Do laxatives soften the poop that's already bunked up ? 

Also has anyone used a suppository  as it looks like that can cause other issues 

• Hi  

Fortunately I've never suffered from constipation but I would imagine it's very unpleasant. When I was having chemo, for a different type of cancer, I had a chemo helpline number to ring if I experienced any side effects. Do you have anything like this, as I would imagine constipation is quite a common side effect?

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies so responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for the members of the group to see.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for reply.  I have created a profile and an update of my current status