Diagnosis U-turn

• 12 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Just had a massive u-turn with my diagnosis. 
All my scans came back clear that it hadn’t spread apart from some lymph nodes, CT & PET scan.
I had a laparoscopic procedure a week after PET scan and it’s now showing that it’s spread to my Peritineum so they are unable to operate now and Ive been to see the oncologist

. It’s as positive as we could’ve hoped for. getting 6-10 rounds of chemo spaced 3 weeks apart, both tablet and infusion, tablet I take every day, infusion every 3 weeks I’m eligible for clinical trials, the oncologist is getting in touch with the surgeon to explain we are interested in a treatment called HIPEC. Huge in the US not as much over here in the UK but there’s been successful trials in ovarian and bowel.
I’ve also had a genetic blood test to see if I’m eligible for another drug that’s DNA related but just need to wait and see on results 

Ive started taking CBD oil and am now looking into Fenbendazole, I’m not letting this beat me! 

Is anyone else in a similar situation? 

• Great news!  Good luck with this treatment plan.   It’s good to know there are options and I know someone in this group had HIPEC treatment a number of years ago. I do believe that knowledge really helps you to take back some control in coping though this difficult time.

Take care

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Hi my sister is in a similar situation. Still awaiting more tests as originally we assumed Bowel cancer but now came to lite it’s stomach spread to her Bowel. I shall be following your journey as being at every step with her. Enquired about CBD oil also! Let’s do this x

• Just an update. 
      I started CAPOX yesterday so see how I get on with it. I know it’s early days but only side effects so far are sensitivity to cold and sweaty hands. 
      I did have stomach pains late last night but they’ve subsided for now. 
  • Hi

I was just wondering how you felt on capox and if you saw positive results

Hope you are still well x

• I reacted badly twice to the CAPOX. Made me an absolute shell of myself and totally lost my appetite and over 1/2st in a week, not to mention the nausea and diarrhoea to the point where I couldn’t function. 
    They reduced the dose and it still made me severely ill so I’ve been under review and they’re changing my treatment. 
    I’ve just had a Nuclear EGFR test to see if the treatment they want to put me on is feasible. 
    Here’s hoping Fingers crossed tone1

• Sorry to hear that, I'm really worried about the sideceffects of capox and if its really worth trying it.

I hope they can offer you a more appropriate alternative treatment x

• Did you try the cbd oil and Fenbendazole??

• Everything is worth a try, you never know what’s going to work. 
    currently taking CBD, not tried fenbendazole

• Hi there I’m new to the group and following your message as your diagnosis is similar to my husbands who was diagnosed 6 weeks ago with stage 4 stomach cancer that also had gone secondary to the peritoneum wall and they have told him it’s incurable and the only option is palative chemo. He is currently on thc oil and will be probably starting chemo in the next couple of weeks. 
    hope you’re okay and feeling a little more yourself 

• Hi all, 

I hope you are all well and as best as can be. I’m just looking for some updates. My dad has been diagnosed with stomach cancer stage 4, spread to peritoneum, inoperable. He’s due to see an oncologist hopefully soon (no apt as yet, they say maybe the new year). The nurse said they don’t rush with an appointment if there is no pain. Everyday is a horrible waiting game. 

thank you in advance x