stomach cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 18 subscribers

just been informed I have a tumour now waiting for 27th to find out what treatment available ...scary times

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I agree that it’s a really scary time. I had a total gastrectomy in August 2015. The period you are going through at the moment is terrible as there is so much uncertainty and fear of the unknown. I actually found it easier once my treatment plan had been arranged and I knew what was planned for me. You will have lots of unanswered questions going through your head at the moment especially when you wake in the early hours. I seemed to do most of my worrying then in the early days. If you want to privately msg me I will try and answer any queries that you may have. Alternatively there are lots of people on this forum that know from experience exactly how you are feeling and will help in any way they can, either with answers or support. When I was first diagnosed I made the mistake of going on the internet and I was terrified as the outlook was so bleak but there are many different stomach cancers and unfortunately the statistics don’t always seem to take this into consideration. Try and remain positive and please keep in touch. 

Take care

Donna xx

• Hi

Welcome to this group though I am sure you wish you didn’t need to join us!  I had a partial gastrectomy with chemo before surgery a year ago. It was absolutely terrifying but the support from this group was invaluable.  There are many on here who can tell really positive experiences as well as offer support and advice.  Do post your questions or send a private message!

Good luck!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

I was told I had a tumour on the 22nd December (Merry Christmas!). If your experience is going to be like mine it will now be a very quick succession of appointments. Some of them made by phone and completed before the confirmation letter arrived. In my case CT scan 2 weeks after diagnosis, various tests to check my fitness for both operation and chemo. Staging laparoscopy on the 21st of January.  Thankfully this and the CT scan showed no evidence of it spreading. Now been referred for FLOT chemotherapy which I will start probably on the 11th February. NHS have been fantastic but it is an emotional whirlwind. I think I have been caught relatively early for this type of cancer (stage 2) hopefully you have as well!

Good luck!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

Your right in what you are saying had endoscopy,ct scan and last Saturday had a pet scan all in past 3 weeks awaiting outcome of pet scan to see if it has spread hoping for good result

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there

i too have just been diagnosed and I’m waiting for my CAT scan sometime this week.   They think it’s been caught early but this waiting for confirmation is purgatory.

good luck. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I waited 4 weeks for the results of my endoscopy results so I’m hoping things will move quickly now. 

• Hi

The waiting is the worst part.  I found that the hardest thing to deal with and just got through it by keeping busy - going for a walk or watching a favourite TV programme or cooking a meal.  I focused on getting as fit as possible for what was ahead.  There were lots of ups and downs before the treatment pathway was agreed.

I wrote a Blog of my experiences so happy for you to PM me if that helps.

There are so many lovely people on this group and the Forum , who helped me enormously.

Take care

x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!