Leiomyosarcoma - tongue

• 6 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi All, 

Original diagnosis of LMS in January 2021, thankfully NCD since. However I have a small lump on my tongue which is being investigated on 3rd January, anyone has LMS in the tongue? (Thankfully the lump in my thigh was just a fatty lump!)

Keeping positive, hoping you all have a good evening. Tomorrow the fight continues and we will win

Chrissy xx

• Hi Chrissy,

Looking at some academic texts I see "Primary leiomyosarcoma of tongue is extremely rare" while lumps in general are really very common. Hopefully your lump will be something in that latter category but you are doing the right thing in getting it checked out. 

My wife's LMS is scattered through her lungs and so chemo was the only option, still after two different types her cancer went to sleep and we have been living with cancer now for over 10 years and she is in really very good health. Her oncologist is both amazed and delighted.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Steve, I'm hoping it's a benign lump. We will see what they say tomorrow!

1. Chrissy x
  • Thursday I have biopsy/removal as they aren't sure it's not cancer. Pleased it's so quick, but fearful as well

• I am new to the forum - only recently received my own diagnosis of LMS. Hoping your biopsy was good news? Pat pops Grinning

• Hi Pat Pops, sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with LMS but I hope you get plenty of support on here.

My story is in my profile, Steve who has responded above has been a great source of support and comes back quickly to questions. 

The results from my tongue biopsy were negative thankfully, thanks for asking!

Happy to chat, hope they get your next steps sorted quickly,

Hugs

Chrissy x

• Evening, I’m not finding the site very easy to navigate… feels abit clunky but pleased to have now found your reply. More pleased of course to hear that your biopsy was negative. Such a huge relief for you! 

I saw radiographer (registrar) today and am to start on a 10 day course of radiotherapy to ease the pain in my pelvis and hopefully stop the spread in that area. This will then be followed by chemotherapy to address the primary ( uterus?) and any other metastatis! 

I will look to read your profile.

Ive already had support from Steve - how good to have champions White check mark

Patpops x